STEP 4 - Applying for a Swap
When you’ve found someone to swap with you must both apply to your Local Authority to exchange.
They will review your application and decide whether to allow the exchange to take place or not.
Before you apply, you must ensure:
- Both parties have agreed to swap
- You have both visited each other’s homes
- Neither of you have any outstanding arrears
If the tenancy agreement is broken the swap cannot happen and approval of swaps are set out by your Local Authority. The following will be taken into account:
- Rent payment record of tenants
- Maintenance check
- Any record of anti-social behaviour relating to the household members, family or guests
You cannot move until you have received approval and a move date is given by your Local Authority.
Register now >